irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Saturday, May 29, 2004

 

Find of the day: an old pair of Prada green and white bowling shoes. I haven’t worn them in over a year, but they are very very cool, so I feel bad that they had been relegated in my wardrobe. Shame on me.

Today is a fashiony day. I think it’s because I have taken the weekend off from work, and am going to do all the things that I love, including looking through my old clothes for potential re-runs. I also am about to go shopping – wahey! Mum told me that I could get myself a little treat, so I’m thinking beaded slippers. But we’ll see what the shops have in. Its been a while, so I have no idea what’s been going on, apart from I know that I will not be needed a bikini for a while.

I have noticed that I am typing this pretty slowly for me, and I think its because my hands havent’t recovered from the 40 pages of sprawling handwriting I produced in yesterday’s hell experience. It was most definitely the hardest exam I have ever done, and probably will ever do. I have done exceptionally badly in it as well. I knew what I was writing was of a pretty poor standard, basic, unstructured rubbish really, and I know that I’m going to get torn apart for that. Dear oh dear. But there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Apart from relax over the weekend, and then start working for the next one. Boo.

The Boy is coming up in a few hours. It will be nice to see him, since its been forever. Well, two weeks. But a lot can happen in two weeks. So yes, hopefully it will be a fish n chips cinema night, which I would love love love.

My family are all at a wedding this weekend. Everyone but me. Not because I was not invited, because I was, but because I thought, quite correctly, that I would have exams and it wouldn’t be a good idea. Little Sis finished her exams on Thursday so had to travel with the worst hangover ever yesterday. Ha ha ha. She sounded quite out of form whenever I spoke to her last night.

So, the last ever Friends was shown in Britain last night. It was ok, but not the best ever really. I have to say, as cute endings, I thought that Phoebe’s wedding was a lovely lovely episode. Just whenever Chandler doesn’t say anything smart and just says, ‘you look beautiful’ before they walk up the aisle.

Flatemate Number Two just came in and talked some philosophy about religion, the will, the eternal, and Schopenhauer and Nietzsche. Interesting enough, I guess, but I am not sure I would have the patience to actually study so many people who I completely did not agree with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.