irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Thursday, May 27, 2004

 

Lunchbreak. My little treat of the day was going to go online at Starbucks instead of traipsing all the way up to the library to do so, but then I discovered that it cost a whole fiver an hour! Scandalous, no? So no, I chose not to give T-mobile my money. I’ll relish the walk later, thank you very much.

Days before exams are always weird, I think. Flatmate Number One and I were talking about whether it is best to be the panicker or the calm person. (In a conversation about an exam, there is always at least one of both). She likes to be the panicker, because she feels that she is not living in a world of denial or false complacency. I like to be the calm one, because it’s a sign that I have come to terms with upcoming events. Right now, I veer between the two. I know some topics really well, and others are still taking forever to learn. Everyone says that you can’t learn that much the day before an exam. I’m hoping you can.

So, I told The Boy about this last night. I honestly was not sure how he would take it, but I think that he is ok with the fact that his girlfriend is fast approaching become a time-wasting internet geek. Actually, I am so far from being a geek it is frustrating, because I do not understand or know how to do all the things that I want to be doing. I am so unfortunately held back by my lack of knowledge, and I do not even know how to start properly learning. I suppose once my exams finish I’ll spend some quality time brushing up on my skills. I think maybe, though, that I might not have a brain that thinks in code, as such. I’ve actually yet to work out what my brain does think it, because it is most certainly not as a colonial American either.

It turns out that half a kilo of strawberries is not an adequate breakfast and by 10am I was absolutely starving again. I am sure that my diet of mocha frappuccinos is really filling me up with all that ice, water, and cream calories. Plus, I still have not remedied my breakfast situation, and what with getting up at 6am tomorrow, I know that I need to do something about that.

The Boy said he would come up on Saturday instead of Sunday – yeh!!! I really wanted to spend this weekend with him properly, because it’s been ages since we spent some time together that I wasn’t stressing about exams. It’s not that I’m finished then, but I will be on my weekend ‘off’ from studying, and he is the most perfect distraction and relaxation tool. It’s a singular skill of his. That and making me get into absurdly cold water in the name of attempting to ride a plank of fibre-glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.