irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

 

blatant steal

I just saw an article in US Cosmo for size 14+ panty-liners. I am sorry if I alienate any readers here, but the thought of such a thing is traumatizing. I know that nappies is not the image I should be seeing here, but I am getting very over-sized, non-discreet products coming to mind. This is yet another example of the “super-sizing” of America, where, instead of handling obesity, people are coming to terms with it, and making accommodation for it. I am all for Southwest charging people for two plane seats if they need; they’re running a business and those people are losing them money. I am not normally that capitalist, but obesity is not something I have a lot of patience with.

I feel like I will run a “scarlettholly reads the mags so you don’t have to” piece, because I have been so amused by Cosmo this month. I actually buy it for the giggles, rather than for the life experience, because obviously you cannot take it seriously. I don’t think that even the writers take it seriously. Anyway, the cover treats are:

MEN UNZIPPED: 5 Down-There Shockers (and how to handle them brilliantly)

CELEB SEX-CAPADES

7 Foods That Go Straight to Your Thighs

3 Things All Guys Crave in Bed

But actually, all those articles were rubbish, unless you want to know how to handle a man with a piercing. And maybe you do, but I’m not going there for the moment. The Boy is jewellery free. But instead, I have found out that 21% of Cosmo online readers have double-booked dates for the same night. I find this amazing! I think I have been on about 10 dates in my whole life, and have never dated two people at the same time, as far as I can remember anyway. I think that I have been wasting my lusty youthfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.