irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

 

busy little bee

Firstly, its good to know that London public services appreciate local talent; it appears that Euston trani station has hired Jonathon Ross to do their platform announcements.

London was a lot of fun. I had the usual crazy lady sitting opposite me - she babbled to herself teh entire time. Then, what I thought was a nice gentleman gave me a poem that made me not so sure. So plenty of drama before I even got there.

When I finally did, I got the tube to St Pauls, so I could walk over the Millenium Bridge to the Tate Modern. It was awesome. Such a good plan. I had never been to St Paul's cathedral. It's absolutely huge, and gorgeous. I'm not really into church architecture, but I was really impressed with it. Then, you walk along this pedestrianized area and suddenly you see the fantastic aluminium or steel architecture that is the Millenium Bridge leading right up to the Tate Modern: fantastic. I just had this big grin on my face. The Tate itself lived up to my expectations. The Boy, when he went, hateed it, and felt like the interior was designed for parking cement mixers in. I, on the other hand, loved the vast space of the entrance, and how small it made everyone look. The Hopper exhibition was excellent. It was busy, but not obstructively so. I am a terrible art critic - if I don't like something instrant I simply don't pay it very much attention. There were a few I didn't like, especially teh stuff he did in Paris early on, and a few of his Cape Cod ones, and the Nude in the Window, but most I found utterly compelling, dark, and erotic. I surprised myself by falling in love with some of his watercolours, a medium I have little time for, but these were bold and light. I think one of my absolute favourites had to be the very last one, just sunlight streaming into a room, painted a few years before his death. Just beautiful. Unfortuntely, the shop didn't have it as a print, otherwise I would have bought it.

Trip purchases: four postcards for myself, notelets for my mum, muji t-shirt for The Boy, muji candle holder for The Boy's parents, underwear for me, postcard calendar for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.