irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Sunday, June 06, 2004

 

Five days and counting

Yes, tis only five days to go and I am definitely going round the bend trying to concentrate and not let myself be distracted. I have willed myself to go to the library tonight and not go to an OC party with FMN1 and S, who also called me last night, providing a nice little distraction. I got home from The Boy's and was vaguely trying to read over my notes whenever I got a nice little text message from her, saying that her camp flatmate was driving her crazy since he had his very young girlfriend over, and could we go for a drink? What could I do? She was a friend in need. Of course we could go for a drink. But actually, I was very well behaved, and only drank coke (yes, I am a cheap date). We just bitched about her boyfriend and the fact that he's getting fat, planned a post-exam trip to London to see the Hopper exhibition at the Tate Modern, of which somehow I've been roped into going to an opera, which I will definitely have to get out of. Nothing extraordinary, but it was a nice little diversion nevertheless.

So, today is my dramatic study comeback. After faffing around doing nothing, I am back in Starfucks with my head down. Although I have only five more days to go, I have technically been 'revising' since March 13th. How crazy is that? And why do I still know nothing? Three months go by and there is no amelioration of the intellectual condition. Random surfing trips, and very funny and brilliant boyfriend don't help though.

Sitting in Starfucks I was unsurprised to overhear a group of teenage girls bitching about another girl. However, I was a little amazed when they were replaced by a teenaged boys in baggy jeans and skate shoes bitching about girls drinking what looked to be cappuccinos but was probably hot chocolate. But still, when did metrosexuality descend down the ranks to teenage boys? Aren't they supposed to be obsessed with their playstations and who does the best ollie? I think I am well behind the times these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.