irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Monday, June 07, 2004

 

Transit of Venus

Don't forget everyone: the Transit of Venus happens tomorrow between 6.19am and 12.23.pm BST tomorrow. Apparently, we aren't supposed to look with our bare eyes, or with sunglasses, but it still should be pretty exciting. I remember the solar eclipse in 1999, apart from being in Belfast it was only a partial eclipse, and not half as much fun as all those people down in Cornwall who got to go mad with the crazy apocalyptic signs.

Since I'm going stir crazy trying to work, I think I might go home, have a shower, and finish up there. Not that I have ever been any good at working from home, but anything has got to be better than my current pathetic attention span. I am also super thirsty, and I think it is from all the dried pineapple.

I have also just finished my book, Drop City, which was okay, I guess. It was enjoyable enough to read, but I definitely would be happy enough to give it away. I'm going to start a Dave Eggers one tonight, And You Shall Know Us By Our Velocity. I have never actually read a full Eggers book before, so this might be very hit and miss. I just need something that isn't history to send me to sleep and not have me dreaming of Reconstruction debates. Gosh, I am so BORING sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.