irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Sunday, September 05, 2004

 

aches and pains

I got my surf lesson yesterday, care of The Boy and provided by Troggs in Portrush, and man was it fun! We were on beginner foam boards, which are ridiculously easy to ride, so I had a lot of fun, although I froze all the way home on the bus, and now every muscle in my body aches, and I can't really hear out of my left ear. I was quite underwhelmed by the standard of surfers actually up on the North Coast. Maybe having been used to the US and Newquay, where I'm really intimidated, there wasn't really anyone out who was that much better than I am. I'm just going to have to learn to drive, get a winter wetsuit, and keep on coming up. Oh yeah, and get a new board. I want a 7' 6" minimal to have some fun on.

I'm going into town today, and really, I pretty much cannot be bothered, but I've got things to take back (even though they are well past their due back date - we'll have to see what Gap has to say about that), and a Virgin voucher, and a new credit card to test. No enthusiasm though.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

come back to NC and go surfing with me! i bought a 7'6" funboard back in july, and i am always looking for more excuses to go to the beach and use it. :) miss you, hope you're doing great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.