irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Monday, September 13, 2004

 

Back from the dead

Well, no, not dead, just not very communicative. Why have I not been posting? Well, being too busy can account for the last three days, but before that, I really just had no chat, and no time to check out what other people's chat was either. That's something I've really noticed - that I'm reading less and less blogs, and, despite the speed and the glories that is high-speed broadband, spending less time online in general. Guess I must be spending more time doing other things, but I'm not real sure what yet.

Having been not writing, this does mean that I have lots of news - mostly good. Firstly, I have booked a holiday to South Florida for a week with my dear ol' mommy. Yup, we're having a mother-daughter bonding exercise by spending a week on the beach, in the swamp, and wandering around Miami. Cool. I can't wait. I have to pay for the whole caboodle today, and in a moment of irony, I am paying for it on my card, so my mum is paying me back - how grown up am I?

What else? Well, I've become obsessed with buying a 7'2" or 7'6" funboard since I was surfing last week, so I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and just do it. The thing is, it is going to be a completely temporary affair, because they don't have that much manoevreability, but they're great for catching waves, so I just want to get confidence up at one thing before switching back down to a shortboard, so I'm thinking even of getting a plasticy board, rather than a proper foam. The Boy is in complete support of this - the more boards I have, the better in his eyes.

I went to stay with The Boy this weekend. It was one of those perfectly blissful weekends, where everything we do works out, and we have a whole bunch of fun. I was so shattered when I got there, but the next day I found the most fabulous pub for lunch, and a good meal later, and wandering around town, and even our costa coffees were good. It was just one of those perfect weekends. Yummy. He wants to set up a business for girls who surf, because the market is (a) saturated for regular stuff and (b) really rather masculine, so I'll probably set up an industry blog for it later this week, and put my head down and do some serious work for it. Fun fun.

Its nice having a three day weekend. Today I'm doing grandparent things, going to Gap, and going to the gym. And I'm actually looking forward to all of it. Oh, and then I'll probably have a serious nap this afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be in QUB surf club - there are/were loads of girls in it. They may be able to lend you a board too if you join up - it's £3 for students and about a tenner more for non-students. Might be worth talking to them about your business ideas too.

Russell

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

can i work for your surfer girls business? puhleeeeeez? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.