irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

 

teachers pet

Yep, that's me. I spent the day not taking calls, and instead coaching other people in my group about what to do, what was going well, and what wasn't. Easy as pie for me, since I had no stress at all. Still, it was a bit weird, because I didn't really feel I had the authority to say things, and plus, its a bit cheeky to claim to be an expert when I've been doing things no longer than anyone else. Having said that, staying off the phones is grand with me.

I was thinking today about a tv show - "The Secret Life of Us" - that used to be on e4, and now it's not. I was wondering where it went, and whether I was the only person who watched it. I used to stay up until 1am when it was on, just to watch it. I honestly couldn't understand why no one else did - it was cracking - a kind of Australian This Life, without the lawyers. Ok, that's not terribly descriptive.

Lil Sis has bribed me into visiting my grandparents with her on my day off this week. I am so not happy about this, mainly because I only have one day off, and I really wanted to use it to make the most of my new mattress which arrived today, replacing the lumpy futon mattress that I have been suffering through for the last couple of years. Apparently, my lie-in is not coming for another 13days. Yes, that's right, I'm counting the days. Its not that I don't like my grandparents; I do. Its just that visiting them is quite difficult, especially with my granny having such dementia. Plus, I visited them on Monday, so I feel I have done my granddaughterly duties. But I owe it to my sis I'm sure.

My other act of altruism today was giving blood. Or rather, trying to give blood. Lil Sis had similar problems to me, so maybe my family's veins just aren't that good. Basically, first, I got sprayed with my own blood all over my cream cardigan whenever the nurse put the needle in, and second, the needle was so uncomfortable I had to have it taken out before I gave my 440mls. What I gave can be used, but I felt such a wuss for not being able to stand the pain. Apparently though, there isn't meant to be any pain. I've been warned about getting a corker of a bruise tomorrow, especially since it's still hurting tonight.

I'm a little worried that I don't show enough compassion towards The Boy. He's currently looking for work, and I'm trying to be supportive, but also give him a kick up the arse, but I think I am doing more of the kicking and less of the supporting, and I should probably be going the other way round. I am trying to make him see that he has options, but it just isn't coming across like that. I don't know what to do about it. Its hard and its frustrating for both of us.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM , Blogger Pratt said...

Cool blog..excellent writing..keep at it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.