irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Monday, October 11, 2004

 

BOOKED!!!!

In less than 48hrs from FMN1 dropping out of our travel plans, I have a surprisingly large proportion of it BOOKED!!! God bless Andy from STA in Belfast, he spent well over an hour getting flights to come in at under 29,000 miles to get me a cheaper flight. We had me originally going via Easter Island and Tahiti, but got those taken out in an effort to bring down my miles. I was so impressed with him. He even got round the two big stumbling blocks - Auckland Lima, and everything to do with Kathmandu. But its done. And it looks like this:

London to somewhere in the Middle East to Kathmandu.
Base Camp Everest Trek. In order for me to be fit enough to do this, I am going to have to spend all of my free time at the gym walking up hill. I'll just get on the treadmill and walk up hill for hours at a time. I'll be known as the strange girl who just goes up hill!!
Kathmandu to Bangkok.
Teaching English somewhere in Thailand for 8wks.
Bumming around Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam for another 2mths.
Bali for 2wks.
Fly to Perth.
Fly to Sydney.
Fly to Christchurch.
Fly to Auckland.
Fly to Santiago or Lima.
Fly to Santiago or Lima. (Whatever one I am not in)
Fly to Madrid and then home.

The whole thing is going to be hideously expensive, but I'm only going to do it once, so whatever dude. It'll be cool. My mum just called to let me know that my inheritance will be through in 6mths from my granny, so that'll be just in time. Thank goodness. I really needed those funds! The whole thing will take me around 8 or 9mths. I am very excited, and a little bit nervous. But its so exciting that I am finally booked. Yeh me!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.