irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Friday, October 08, 2004

 

have been so tired

I can't even think when the last time I wrote here was. Sometime at the beginning of the week maybe, but I couldn't say for sure. I don't even know what I wrote. Things have been very busy since then. My granny's funeral was Tuesday, and we had a big lunch in our house afterwards. I still haven't felt any real mourning or anything else about it; I don't think that I will until I go and see my Grandpa and she isn't there. It won't hit home until then. He's been amazing about it; very stoical. He also has kept her seat in his room so that he can keep talking to her - I think that's lovely.

The funeral as lovely actually. Its funny, you find out things that you never knew in life, like the fact that my great grandfather was a minister. No wonder my mum pretends that she's vaguely religious. The service was good, and delivered by a lovely minister who quite simply had the worst teeth I have ever seen. I think the technical term might be tombstone teeth. Gosh. Awful. But he spoke well.

FMN1 came over, and it was fantastic fun, and a complete relief from all the family. We giggled, we drank, we chatted. We went to the Limelight, which is a grim, smoky, dirty, grubby, indie club that lots of kids who think they are cool go. We just went cos they play Dire Straits and The Strokes. Anyway, I was being a complete drunken ass, playing air guitar, when I get grabbed by a guy I barely recognise, who I suddenly realise was an ex boyf who I was completely besotted with at the time. No longer - I hadn't even noticed him! Anyway, that was suitably embarrasing. Belfast is just too small.

Have to go, got to get showered for work. More updates tonight. And hi to Katie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.