irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

 

some daughters do have 'em

First off, everyone is using blogexplosion, I swear. Every site I went to last night had a link to it. Its a lot of fun; I definitely recommend it.

Next, back to my mother. The poor wee pet has been getting a lot of stick these days, all of it deserved I might add. My dad and I have always said that we don't get enough privacy, and that my mum just does not have the right to open our mail or take our stuff. She, however, takes a rather alternative approach to privacy and property rights. It all started on Friday when I came home to find that she had opened my box from amazon, and destroyed the evidence. The books were sitting right on the table, but the invoicing letter and the package had disappeared. Her logic to opening my box was that she had paid for it, but, in fact, she hadn't. I would agree, I can be rather liberal in my usage of her credit card for my amazon purchases, but on this one, I had actually stepped up to the challenge and paid myself. Either way, there is no way she could have guessed that from the package. She later admitted that she was bored and the idea of a package was exciting, so she just opened it. I had just about forgiven her for her flagrant breach of my rights as a daughter, when she informed me that I had a few days off next week when I could get my injections. "how do you know that?" I asked, because I have no real idea when my next days off are, and she airily told me that my diary had been lying open on the table. But her cover was blown when she told me about the week after that as well- aha! She had to be looking through. At this point I was almost feeling sorry for her, because she just kept getting caught!

And then this morning, I found my bank statement opened. We are going to have words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.