irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

 

busy busy girl

I slept so late today, and I had so much to do! Maybe staying up til 1am was not my wisest move, but such is life. So I woke late, and since then have been on catch up. I have been working on my online tefl course, and suddenly, English-lit queen, reading of "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves", is suddenly questioning her grammar skills. For instance, I had no idea there were four different types of noun. And I know for sure that I didn't find them all in my little passage that I had to work on. I'm onto verbs now, and the module is supposed to take four hours! Four hours on verbs. Furthermore, I'm supposed to have a little grammar book, and do I heck?! No way, so I am totally guessing my way through. I really don't think I need to teach Thai kids how to spot a reflexive pronoun, do you? No way, I'm mainly going to take them outside and play "duck, duck, goose".

I keep having memories from Key West come back. We went on this awesome glass bottomed boat (we meant to go snorkelling, but forgot our bathing suits), and I got my pictures from my camera last night, and they turned out amazing, so I'll have to put them online for y'all to see. But I can't believe that the blueness of the water and the seargant fish came out - its amazing. It was a shame that my mum lost her lunch on the boat, but these things can't be helped! She then told me afterward that this was something that had happened before, and proceeded to regale me with incidents of her throwing up in boats - they turned out to be pretty numerous!

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM , Blogger Colin Dardis said...

Me too am office call centre monkey. Me heart out to you goes. Since reading "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" I have become obsessed with the use of commas. semi-colons and colons. Which for a poet, is a damn annoying thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.