irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Monday, November 22, 2004

 

finally a day off

Strange to think that someone from work was reading this, but no matter. And besides, I finally have a day off tomorrow, to not think about work whatsoever. Instead, I am going to through myself thoroughly into trip planning again, and doing some dreaded TEFL work. Back to grammar then. Its gotta be done! I haven't finished module 2 yet, and there are 6 to go. Hopefully this is the longest. I am really dreading getting my results for this one back, simply because I have no clue what I am doing; I am just pure guessing. I have gone back to looking at travel mags for ideas. Even though the taxman finally caught onto the fact that I have a job, I still think that splashing out on certain bits of my trip now will make my life easier later. I could organise lots of things myself, but I really want to do some organized things just to make sure that I don't get lonely. I know, that's awful, but that is my biggest concern! Being lonely miles away from home is okay for a few days, but then it gets very tiresome. I'm sure I'll be okay, but its nice to just make sure, isn't it? So yes, I am fast working my way through my savings. Maybe I need to get another job. Or sell myself on the street. Or work super hard to get a big fat bonus. Something, thats for sure!

Tomorrow to-do list is very long. TEFL, calling Pentax about my rubbish camera, joining a gym again. Oh wait, that's it. But that's enough when its coupled with sleeping in very late and doing some reading. The book I am reading, Fortress of Solitude, is very, well, well-crafted. But almost obviously so. I do not know if I'm jealous of the writing, or distracted by it. I know, that's a strange critique, that a book is overly well-written, but I think it might be valid. I'll have to keep reading to make sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.