irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Thursday, November 25, 2004

 

gosh this is all very samey

I am feeling that my life is tres monotonous right now. Even though I had the most hilarious trip to the cinema last night, I do feel like I am trapped in Groundhog Day sometime. Ok, not all the time, but just the times that I feel that all I do is get up, go to work, come home sleep. And I'm not even making that much money! Not helped by the fact that the evil taxman suddenly discovered my existence and took 3mths of taxes out all in one go. Half my paycheck disappeared! My clothes went back to Topshop today.

Yes, Lil Sis and I went to the cinema last night to see Bridget Jones. Now, the movie was okay; it was amusing enough and sweet enough. But what was hilarious was all the things that went on before the movie even started. We had to rush out, so Lil Sis demanded that I made her a sandwich before we went, and she could eat it in the car - packed lunch time! But she never got around to it, so I kept reminding her of her sandwich whilst we were watching the movie. But that wasn't even part of the whole food debacle. The poor teenage kid working the popcorn stand didn't know what hit him when we turned up. First we ordered nachos; no biggie. Then we also wanted fudge brownie sundaes. Now, this is the first, only, and ever time that we will ever order sundaes at the cinema; we were in real treat ourselves modes. And, I don't really like creamy ice creams flavours in general like chocolate or vanilla. My personal favourite is Rainbow Sherbert, and the only place you can get that in Britain is at the cinema. Don't ask me why, but it just is. So, normally, that's what I would ask for. But today is brownie sundae day. So, we give him our order, and then I happen to go look at the ice creams before he's finished making them, and I notice something strange.

"Oi! Where is the brownie?!"
"Oh, we don't have any brownie. I'll give you money off." (You know, he had no intention of even telling us this or anything. He was going to have us wander off into the cinema, wait for the film to start before we discovered that there was no brownie, by which time it would have been too late. Cheeky bugger.)
"WHAT?? The whole point of the sundae is the brownie! If I had known there was no brownie, I wouldn't have got one! I don't want all that ice cream!"

But too late. And the poor boy had really been through enough with us already. It was a challenge getting the cheese on the nachos in the first place.

Actually, cinema food is hilarious. I think that when you go to the cinema, its a bit like being on holiday, and you lose all concept of true monetary value, and you think that £3.25 for a tiny plate of cheap cheesy nachos is sensible, whereas if you were actually to think about it, it is the biggest waste of money ever. Ditto for the ice creams. Anyway Lil Sis and I stumble into the cinema with our heart-attack inducing piles of cholesteral, and then leave all our ice cream to melt since we can't actually finish it. We then have another stab at it halfway through the movie just to make sure, and spend the rest of the evening feeling ill. Baad choice. But of course we'll do it all again next week when we go to the Incredibles!

The funnest thing happened to me at work today; this guy I don't know passed me a note, in a very school childish way. It was great craic passing notes back and forth. It all started over my Live Strong wristband. The Boy also told me that he has an admirer at work, and is most upset that I am not getting jealous about it. In fact, I don't think he's talking to me right now. He'll just have to learn that I don't get jealous unless I actually want to beem> that other person.

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.