irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Sunday, November 28, 2004

 

happy 90th birthday!!

Its my grandpa's 90th birthday today, so we are going down to the nursing home to see him. I was all excited about the fact that there was going to be cake, until mum told me that we weren't bringing the cake; the nursing home is providing it. My expectations have subsequently dropped.

I honestly don't know what it is that I do in my sleep, but whenever I have a proper lie in, the back of my hair is completely matted. I must do some seriously maad dreaming. But never mind, becuase I slept until 1030 which was heaven. That's fours hours later than I do during the week. Fantastico.

I was supposed to go out last night with my friend Jules. But she rang me to tell me that she was fighting with her parents, and they have barricaded her car in. She is 23! She feels that she is fourteen again, and asking to go to the Crescent. I think that there is some friction over her future career plans and things like that. Not that its traumatizing enough having just graduated and having no clear plan of how to make a success of your life, without your parents putting on the pressure. I might be bored right now, but at least they aren't giving me any pressure at all. Apart from driving, which I guess is ok. I mean, I hate driving, but even I know that it has to be done!

7 Comments:

At 4:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

90 years? gawd bless 'em! So how did the cake turn out?

www.cravingmusic.com

 
At 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd let you know, I spent the 5-10 minutes reading your blog, only to arrive at one conclusion: you're a dickend!

 
At 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like ur blog!!!

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Graham - GAD123 said...

You should write some more here! :)

 
At 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Blogger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Abvi yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Abvi I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

 
At 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Anni said...

hey! for once its not a spammer....(ggrr) I like your blog, your style of writing is very witty :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.