irish girl, american studies graduate, living in belfast, call centre baby

reading...

Robert Dalek's John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life; What Color is Your Parachute; Toni Morrison's Love.

listening...

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire; The Libertines; Jet; Snow Patrol

del.icio.us
plastic
alexthegirl
umamitsunami
wonkette
fuck that job!
simpy
a list apart
seriocomic
twenty4
musicplasma
mcsweeneys
blogstickers
muddlepie
blogsisters
deliriouscool
jumping out of windows...
the atlantic ocean
mimi smartypants
because I say so!
go fish
just like a dream
ulterior

Sunday, November 21, 2004

 

strange websites

For some unbeknowest reason, I signed up to MySpace, thinking that maybe I might use it for hosting photos or something. I really don't know. It took 2 seconds, and now it is plaguing me! Everytime I log on to Gmail, there is someone who is sending me messages wanting to be my life partner, claiming that they have read my profile and other such nonsense. I don't even have a profile. I'm thinking of deleting my membership. How do you even go about deleting memberships for things?

I had the most ridiculous call today. Some guy was now being investigated for fraud on their account, mainly to do with transactions in Nigeria. The guy had been asked to send £2000 there to cover shipping costs for the car that he was actually selling. Why would anyone do that? His account has since been defrauded for £10000 or something like that - I didn't actually look at it myself. But to be honest, I just could not believe that someone would do such a ridiculously stupid thing. They are now being investigated as the recipient of stolen funds, and yes, they probably owe the bank money, and I feel sorry for them, but more I just feel "WHY?" What possessed you to think that this was going to be a good idea?

My aunt who has been staying with us for the weekend has gone back to England. Bless her, but she is exhausting. She just never shuts up! And much as I like her, I can feel myself becoming more and more monosyllabic as time passes because I just get so tired of answering the same questions again and again. I almost revert to being a teenager again!

4 Comments:

At 2:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you working on Sunday?

 
At 2:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were working on a Sunday, you weren't on the first floor by any chance?

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Fiona M said...

yep. I was sitting on the first floor, working 11-7. Was wearing a brown tee shirt over a green t-shirt.

The guy I was speaking to didn't sound like he had a pony tail, but he certainly sounded pompous. Trying to blast me with intelligence - that'll never happen pal. There's a reason why I have a masters: I'll blast you right back with big words!

 
At 11:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i was the one sitting on the first floor wearing the black trousers with a blue fleece from 2-10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise

The Northern Irish Bloggers Directory.

«#Blogging Brits?»

< # Girls Blog UK ? >


scarlettholly/Female/21-25. Lives in United Kingdom/Belfast, speaks English and  . Eye color is green. I am a hottie. I am also independent.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, Belfast, English,  , scarlettholly, Female, 21-25.